Delivering excellent customer service is important to us. We do, however, make mistakes from time-to-time. If your expectations aren’t met, then we want to know. You have our commitment that we will investigate your concern and do our best to resolve it.
Voice your concern
Tell the person who you are dealing with that you’re unhappy. Please voice your specific concern and, if possible, what can be done to resolve it. If your request falls within established guidelines, it will be resolved immediately. Otherwise, your request may be referred to a manager for review. In most cases, the manager will review and respond to your request on the same day.
Speak with the divisional head
If your concern is unaddressed after Step 1, then you can escalate it to the divisional head. Listed below is the contact information for each division.
If you raise a concern with the divisional head, then we will:
- confirm within one business day that we have received your concern;
- collect all necessary information to review your file, including any new information that may be required from you or other interested parties; and
- convene a committee of independent management team members, who will conduct a fresh assessment of your file and determine whether any previous decisions can or should be changed.
We will complete this process, and communicate the outcome of this committee review to you, within five business days of receiving your concern.
Contact the ombudsperson
When escalating your concern to the ombudsperson, we ask that you do so in writing by email or mail. Please include the following information in your communication:
- Your name and contact information.
- Your quote, policy or claim number.
- A summary of your concern and what remains unaddressed.
- Any documentation that you would like reviewed.
- The outcome that you want.
You can email your communication to email@example.com or mail it to:
Square One Insurance Services
650 West Georgia Street, Suite 1410
Vancouver, British Columbia
Concerns escalated to the ombudsperson are usually resolved within three business days.