$500 scholarship from Square One
At Square One, our home insurance team values education and helping those in need. We understand that education can be a significant expense and know how hard it can be for students and their families to make ends meet. Between housing, tuition, books, and school supplies, the cost of attending college or graduate school can easily rise into the tens of thousands of dollars, if not more.
To make things a little easier for students and their families, we are pleased to offer a yearly $500 scholarship to individuals who are currently attending, or planning to attend in the near future, an accredited United States or Canadian college or graduate school.
How you can apply
To apply for the 2017 scholarship contest, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic: What actions can individuals take in order to reduce identity theft?
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by December 15, 2017 at 9 am PST.
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com in Word format, no link to Google Docs or PDFs.
- Applicants should include their name, address, and phone number.
- The applicant should state where they are currently attending, or are planning to attend, school in the body of their submission email.
- No additional information should be included.
How your essay will be judged
Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to the question
- Grammar and style
- Thoughtfulness and originality
- The persuasiveness of the arguments presented
We look forward to reading your submissions and helping the winners meet their educations costs. The winner of the 2017 scholarship will be announced by January 15, 2018.