From the United States?
Click here to visit our American website.
Insurance Policy Types

We have the right policy type to meet your needs

Home Insurance
Our Policies

Home insurance for as little as $12/month

Our policies start at $12/month, making them among the most affordable in all of North America. With us, you won’t be asked irrelevant questions or offered unneeded protection when you get a quote. You choose what to insure, so you only pay for what you need. Square One is the only home insurance provider in North America that lets you personalize your policy to your needs. That means you get more relevant protection and save money.

Detached house icon
Detached house

Complete protection for your house and personal property in 5 minutes. Personalize your house insurance policy to meet your unique needs. Relevant protection at a great price.

Learn more
Townhouse icon
Townhouse or rowhouse

Most providers offer the same home insurance policy to town (or row) house owners, house owners and tenants. The reality is that you have unique insurance needs as a townhouse owner.

Learn more
Condo icon

As a condo owner, you have unique insurance needs. In addition to protecting your personal property, you need protection for improvements made to your unit, damage to other units, etc.

Learn more
Semi-detachsed house Icon
Semi-detached or duplex

The type of home insurance you need as the owner of a semi-attached house depends on how ownership is registered. The two most common types of title are freehold or condo/strata.

Learn more
Rental property icon
Rental property

Typically, it’s more challenging to insure rental properties than it is to insure primary residences. That’s not the case with us. We make it easy for you to properly insure your rental properties.

Learn more
Vacation property icon
Vacation property

It’s easy to insure your vacation properties with us. In fact, we don’t force you to insure your primary residence in order to get proteciton for your vacation properties.

Learn more
Tenant icon
Tenant or renter

If you rent your home, you know there are few things more important than tenant insurance. With policies starting at $12/month, it’s easy and affordable to protect the things you love.

Learn more
Other icon

Looking for another type of home insurance? No problem. Whatever type of home insurance you need, you can rest assured that you can personalize your policy to your needs.

Learn more

Don’t see the policy type you need? Call 1.855.331.6933 to speak with one of our agents, and we’ll get you sorted. We’re open 6:30 am - 6:30 pm (Mon - Sat).

Great coverage

Most policies make you pay extra for critical protection you need. And, some policies only protect against specific loss types.

With Square One, you get comprehensive coverage that protects against all major loss types. This include coverage for break-ins and burst pipes. Plus, the policy automatically protects against:

Fires Hailstorms Water backups
Specialty property

Traditional policies provide too much protection for china, silverware and oriental rugs, and not enough for cameras, computers and cell phones. At Square One, electronics are insured as personal property, without pesky sub-limits.

As for specialty property, you can choose what to insure and you do so on a blanket basis. That means if you own 3 pieces of jewellery, each worth $5,000, you can simply select a $15,000 jewellery limit.

Thousands choose us every month

Recently purchased policies