Digital marketing coordinator
You know that the way in which products and services are marketed and distributed is changing. More and more people choose to research and buy online. So you want to build your career in digital marketing working for a company that focuses on providing the very best online customer experience to prospective and existing clients.
Square One is the only true online home insurance provider in Canada. And, we’re the only home insurance provider in Canada that lets clients choose what property they want to insure so they only pay for what they need. We’re committed to making it convenient and easy for clients to do business with us. So, it should be no surprise that we’re obsessed with delivering the very best online and offline experiences to our clients.
As a digital marketing coordinator, you work directly with the company’s president to manage all digital marketing initiatives. You directly contribute to the company’s strong online presence and its continued growth. You closely monitor online and website trends, using the knowledge you gain to optimize the company’s website and its pay-per-click campaigns. Your success in this role comes from superior analytical and communication skills. You use your creativity and resourcefulness to identify opportunities and overcome challenges. You are both detail-oriented and organized, handling multiple projects and tasks with ease.
One of the things you enjoy most about Square One is the supportive team environment. You know you’re never set up for failure; instead, you get all the coaching, mentoring, training, and tools you need for continued success.
Working in Square One’s marketing department, you are directly involved in all digital marketing initiates. As such, you have many important responsibilities, including:
- Researching online and website trends.
- Monitoring and optimizing online pay per click campaigns.
- Creating and publishing online content in both text and video formats.
- Updating information on the company’s website.
- Posting and responding to updates on the company’s social media pages.
- Promoting the company’s online affiliate program and registering new affiliates.
- Keeping apprised of changes in digital marketing and search engine optimization.
- Working closely with the company’s president and vendors on all digital marketing efforts.
As a member of the Square One team, you have a desire to contribute to the overall success of the company. You do this by becoming an expert at what you do, directing your own work, and working with a team that has a broader purpose than just making profit. You and those who you work with would describe you as someone who:
- Possesses superior analytical and (written) communication skills.
- Has a natural curiosity and enjoys learning.
- Uses creativity and resourcefulness to identify opportunities and overcome challenges.
- Pays close attention to detail and has superior organizational skills.
- Has a strong knowledge of marketing principles.
- Possesses a solid grasp of marketing related computer applications.
- Provides and receives constructive feedback.
Your education + experience
Your experience and education helps ensure your success at Square One. For this role, you have:
- A degree or a diploma in business, communications or marketing.
- A focus on marketing to consumers.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience using WordPress, Google Analytics, Google AdWords Editor and Bing Ads Editor.
- Strong knowledge of social media sites, including Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- A general insurance license level 1 preferred.
- 3 years of professional experience preferred.
Your compensation + benefits
You appreciate the fact that Square One personalizes your compensation and benefits in the same way it personalizes policies for its customers. Your very competitive compensation and benefits plan includes:
- A base salary starting at $40,000 per year.
- 3-weeks, not 2-weeks, of vacation to start and an additional week after only 5 years.
- Full MSP coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible medical, dental, vision and extended health care coverage.
- Long-term disability coverage.
- In-house and external training paid by Square One.