Tired of working for a home insurance provider that tries to find ways to deny, rather than cover, claims? Frustrated with out-dated practices and processes that lead to poor customer service? At Square One, we treat our customers fairly, paying them what they are entitled to under their policies. And, we leverage technology to personalize buying a home insurance policy and making a home insurance claim.
As an experienced claims professional, you understand how important proper claims handling is to an insurance provider’s reputation and stability. You treat each customer with empathy, patience and respect. You recognize that, although you and your team may handle hundreds of claims a year, this is likely the customer’s first claim ever (or at least in a while). You also recognize that it’s important to only pay what’s afforded under the policy wordings; otherwise, the premiums for all are negatively affected.
Your success in this role comes from your solid home insurance claims examining experience as well as your superior analytical and decision-making skills. You can quickly determine what claims are and aren’t covered. You have strong communication and leadership skills, which you use to share decisions and findings with, and provide direction to, others. While you don’t enjoy conflict, you handle it effectively. You are both detail-oriented and organized, handling multiple files and tasks with ease. And, you take pride in your work and in leading others.
As the leader of the company’s claims department, you are directly involved in recruiting and managing its claims team. Your work closely with staff and independent adjusters to ensure sound decisions are made and great service is delivered. You examine larger claims and resolve any customer issues. You help refine the company’s claims and underwriting guidelines. And, you champion automation of claims processes.
One of the things you enjoy most about Square One is the supportive team environment. You know the company’s coaching, mentoring, training, and tools are designed to ensure your success.
Leading Square One’s claims department, your team is the main point of contact for customers who have suffered losses and filed claims. As such, you have many important responsibilities, including:
- Overseeing the company’s claims operations.
- Recruiting, training and managing staff adjusters.
- Selecting and managing claims vendors.
- Managing day-to-day claims operations and ensuring performance standards are met.
- Ensuring claims are settled effectively, efficiently and fairly.
- Developing and implementing improvements to claims handling practices.
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to automate claims processes.
- Collaborating on product and underwriting initiatives.
- Personally examining larger or more complex claims.
- Resolving customer complaints.
- Maintaining your training and industry knowledge.
As a member of the Square One team, you have a desire to contribute to the overall success of the company. You do this by becoming an expert at what you do, directing your own work, and working with a team that has a broader purpose than just making profit. You and those who you work with would describe you as someone who:
- Possesses superior analytical and decision-making skills.
- Communicates effectively when explaining decisions and providing direction.
- Leads others by example and effective coaching.
- Uses active listening and questioning skills to understand issues and needs.
- Handles conflict effectively and avoids taking things personally.
- Pays close attention to detail and has superior organizational skills.
- Provides and receives constructive feedback.
Your education + experience
Your experience and education, combined with product and claims training we provide, helps ensure your success at Square One. For this role, you have:
- At least 7 years of home insurance claims adjusting experience.
- At least 5 years of management experience.
- At least 1 year of tenure with a recent employer.
- A high school diploma and, preferably, some post-secondary education.
- A CIP or FCIP designation.
Your compensation + benefits
You appreciate the fact that Square One personalizes your compensation and benefits in the same way it personalizes policies for its customers. Your very competitive compensation and benefits plan includes:
- A competitive base salary.
- 4-weeks, not 2-weeks, of vacation to start and an additional week after only 5 years.
- Full MSP coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible medical, dental, vision and extended health care coverage.
- Long-term disability coverage.
- In-house and external training paid by Square One.