Square One is the only true online home insurance provider in Canada that lets clients choose what property they want to insure so they only pay for what they need. We’re committed to making it convenient and easy for clients to do business with us. So, it should be no surprise that we’re obsessed with delivering the very best online and offline experiences to our clients.
While we continue to automate as many administrative activities as possible, there are just things computers can’t do. That’s where you come in. As an administrative assistant, you provide critical administrative support on a wide range of activities. You are detail-oriented and organized, handling multiple tasks with ease. You pride yourself on delivering outstanding service to those you assist.
One of the things you enjoy most about Square One is the supportive team environment. You know you’re never set up for failure; instead, you get all the coaching, mentoring, training, and tools you need for continued success.
As a member of Square One’s support team, you are directly involved in all aspects of the company’s operations. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Following up (by phone and email) on billing-related activities.
- Completing a variety of policy-related activities.
- Resolving system-related issues that require human intervention.
- Contributing to quality control initiatives.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Ordering office supplies and organizing team events.
- Supporting the company’s leadership team.
You have a desire to contribute to the overall success of the company. You do this by becoming an expert at what you do, directing your own work, and working with a team that has a broader purpose than just making profit. You and those who you work with would describe you as someone who:
- Pays close attention to detail and has superior organizational skills.
- Delivers excellent customer service and possesses strong communication skills.
- Thrives in a busy environment and enjoys performing a wide range of tasks.
- Possesses a solid grasp of computer applications.
- Uses sound judgement in making decisions and taking calculated risks.
- Adapts well to, and often initiates, change.
- Enjoys personal development and growth through learning.
- Provides and receives constructive feedback.
Your education + experience
Your experience and education helps ensure your success at Square One. For this role, you have:
- 1-year of administrative experience in a similar position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma preferred.
Your compensation + benefits
You appreciate the fact that Square One personalizes your compensation and benefits in the same way it personalizes policies for its customers. Your very competitive compensation and benefits plan includes:
- An hourly wage of $16.82 with a guaranteed 21 hours per week.
- 3-weeks of vacation to start (pro-rated according to hours worked).
- Full MSP coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible medical, dental, vision and extended health care coverage.
- Long-term disability coverage.
- In-house and external training paid by Square One.